Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is it worth being Mr. Nice Guy?


Is being nice really a bad thing? Do nice guys really finish last? Does being nice hurt you in the big scheme of things. I am going to answer those questions with a one simple word.........YES!!!! Having the personality of a nice guy seems like a great quality on the surface, however in my experience it has lead to a life of heartache, disappointments and being over looked. It seems that nobody wants the nice guy. At the office people are more interested in those that kiss ass, snitch on their co-workers or those that are complete a-holes. Apparently people assume a-holes, ass kissers and snitches know what the hell their doing, but nothing could be further from the truth, because these types are trying to mask their inabilities. Of course nobody can see that, so the nice guy always get passed over, because the nice guy will never complain or bitch to those above him and seems content. When it comes to dating, nice guys may as well throw in the towel, because girls always say they want a nice guy, but they never do. Girls want a bad boy, someone who will treat them poorly and has a screw loose. I should however clarify that there are plenty of girls out there that like a nice guy, but they already have one!!! That's why being Mr. Nice Guy out in the dating scene just doesn't work. When it comes to friends, I'm not referring to close/best friends, being nice really gets taken advantage of and these people are the most dangerous. These "so called" friends know you just well enough that they learn how to abuse your niceness and keep you around when until it's convenient for them. They know that you will continue to put up their crap, because Mr. Nice Guy sees the best in everyone. Sure being nice is great and I wouldn't change for the world, because I want people to know that they can rely on me, trust me and that I would do anything for them. It sure seems, however, like life would be much better for me if I turned into a royal prick, because that's what the world wants and that's what gets rewarded. So to answer the question, "Is it worth being Mr. Nice Guy?", my answer is........................YES!!! The reason I say that is becuase their is one person that appreciates my niceness and really appreicates all that I do for her. If being Mr. Nice Guy means that my work, love life and friendships will suffer, but I can create the greatest bond between a father and his daughter then it is WELL WORTH IT AND I WILL NEVER CHANGE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment